Sunday, June 27, 2010

Foodview 1.5 Cimory Resto, Indonesia

This foodview comes to you from the mountains of Bogor. Bogor is not a place from Lord of the Rings but its a very mountainy area which is about a very painful 6 hours drive from the city in Jakarta, Indonesia. If you are like me and hate long drives with a passion, then you can get to the mountains of Bogor by the highway in about roughly 3 hours.

Let me start by saying I have not been impressed by Indonesian food and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. This is why I have not been inspired to do many Indonesian foodviews.

Cimory Resto to my understanding is a dairy farm and is famous for its yoghurt drinks.





Verdict : Weak yoghurt taste. Too sweet but was not filled with crushed ice. I like to think that yoghurt drinks are meant to be yoghurty. I've tasted better yoghurt drinks.
Taste : 1 out of 5 stars
Value : 1 out of 5 stars

After the long drive on the highway and getting stuck in the jam, my ascent to the mountains of Bogor (really does sound Lord of the Ringish).

I would definitely nominate Indonesia as one of the world's worst traffic jams. I now smile and feel happy everytime I get stuck in a Melbourne traffic jam. Our jams are NOTHING. We are so lucky to be driving in Melbourne.

Also I must say that I have arrived in the birthplace of Indonesia's greatest contribution to the world, Indomie instant noodles! You can spot it in the picture above (click to zoom in). There are roadside stalls that will either fry or boil a packet of Indomie for you. My stomach wasn't brave enough to try it.


Yea these stalls are plastered everywhere in Jakarta city. One thing I didn't see lots of, were Chinese restaurants. I counted a total of 3 restaurants during my trip here. Malaysia being a fellow muslim nation has even more Chinese restaurants than China (forgive my crude exaggeration)! I wonder why?

Along the way one will pass little shops and lots of musuems claiming to have dinosaur bones on exhibit and zoos as well.

I thought elephants originated from India? Oh well, on our trip to Bogor (LOTRish again) we were rained on the whole way. So all we saw were zoo entrances and fog and rain. So yea, please visit Bogor on a nice sunny day.

KFC in Bogor! I reckon if KFC did exist in LOTR, it would be named Kirion Dragon-Flamed Chickens or something... Anyways, moving forward,

Finally, Cimory Resto.


These boys apparently work for the restaurant, with their umbrellas, they will bring you to the restaurant and back to your vehicle. A tip is expected.


This rain and fog ruined my Bogor experience. rarrr This view is from the first floor of the restaurant. An open air restaurant. No mozzies up here in the mountains of Bogor (I love this LOTRish word)


Determined to get a better view of the farm.


Climbing the stairs, I heard sounds of a little boy crying as if in pain like someone was using pliers to pull out his nails. Upon investigation, there was a bird cage under the stairs. RSPCA anyone?


This is a big bird. The birds were swaying back and forth. I swear this means they are unhappy birds.


Right opposite the bird cage is a playground for the little ones.


Their is also an educational tour where you can milk the cows follow by a meal. 80,000 Indonesian rupiah is roughly AUD10.

Patrons looking at the lovely fog or was it through it?


There is a shop here selling their yoghurt drinks and knick-knacks to accompany your stomach on your way to the top of mount BOGOR where the all seeing eye rests, I think his name is Gandalf?


"Everyday is a holiday" The only person who can truly say this is my boss.


Let's hope your specialty is better than your spelling.

Here is a small selection of the restaurant's offering. Lack of variety but imaginative in the various ways to plate sausages.

I ordered chicken and sausage dishes, however, I reckon that if I brought Woolworths sausages to Indonesia, I can successfully open my own sausage restaurant.


There was nothing special about the sausages. It really fires me up when I visit restaurants that have no passion in the food they cook. Look at the sausage. My Woolies sausages looks ten times better! And for crying out loud, frozen vegetables?

Needlessly to say my chicken dish was disappointing.
I can tell someone took this out of the freezer, smeared (NOT MARINATED) some kind of BBQ sauce and chucked it in the oven. It was dry and the sauce was only on the top, along with the frozen vegies.
To top it off, in the menu, the chicken spans the width of the hot plate, and as one can see that my chicken just spans half the plate and the sauce pot took center stage.

Verdict : How is this restaurant popular is beyond me. To serve food like this is disgraceful.
Value : 0 out of 5 stars
Taste : 0 out of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. hey dude, ashley here :D

    i wonder if u still remembered me :)
    your food view wasn't turned out well huh?
    but at least u went to indonesiaaaa...
    i'm still stuck in malaysiaaaa
    talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ashley! of course I remember ya. I got terrible food poisoning in Indo! only visit indo if you got a helicopter or a jet pack. thats for sure. the traffic jams makes the ones in malaysia seem like a quicky drive by!!

    so happy to see yas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha~~ i wanted to go bali in future :P
    are you still in indonesia? i wouldnt be so brave to visit there alone lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no way... I was there for the first time ever for only a week. The shopping is not great. So if you do plan to go... just head straight to Bali. I didnt get a chance to go to Bali.

    I went with relatives so yea you absolutely must know someone in Indo or you can forget about it.

    I did found out that to makea custom made suit costs $150Brunei dollars. Awesome..........

    ReplyDelete