Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blog 1.8 New Gundams

I picked up two hard-to-find gundam SDs whilst I was in Indonesia. Didnt expect to find any gundams to be honest but when I saw them, I just had to get them despite proclaiming my departure from gundam building.

I got three gundam SDs but one of them is the very common and easily found Exia SD. King of gundam has a building blog on it. What I am more excited to blab about is Astray Red Frame SD! According to 1999.co.jp, this has been long sold out.

Droolz. Finally this guy can accompany my MG Astray blue frame 2nd revise.

Seems like the older SD gundams have more plates then the newer gundams. Part of building these gundams is putting them together. I like value for money meaning that I like to have lots of parts for my gundams.

The B plate with the red parts and the poly caps that make movement possible.

The C plate with the shield, crotch and shoulder parts. I dont really like the red frame's shoulders, I prefer the blue frame's. That is why I got the MG blue frame, but the newer MG red frame has 2 sweet chrome plated katanas


Last plate with face part, backpack and head.


Manual with painted Red frame on cover.



I also picked up Destiny SD which according to 1999.co.jp, is also sold out. I think I would appreciate these gundams more, if I watched the anime. I am just going by grabbing unique looking gundams. I did try watch Gundam seed, I forced myself to watch 10 minutes of one episode. It is pretty uninteresting.... I must say.


These plates have nice bright colours. A plate have feet and inner wings?


Its funny that they only provide one set of hands, with one in a 'give me high 5' pose.


Ooooh, see thru plastics is always a plus for me. Look at the nice wings.


Poly caps and the under side of the A and B plates.


This is one unique looknig gundam. I love the wings.

Ok this gundam was on sale at the same shop but I got this on pre-order at 1999.co.jp. The gundam that started it all.... inspiring me to create my internet last name, UNICORN. Oh by the way, yesterday I met a lady whose last name is, 'Last'. How awesome is that?

Mr. Unicorn: Excuse me, May I ask what is you last name?
Ms. Last: Last.
Mr. Unicorn: hehehe


I got this from 1999.co.jp. for 1480 yen which is roughly AUD20. Rip off! Well its better than buying it in Melbourne... AUD30-40!


I am actually very disappointed with the unicorn. The box is big as, but so few plates and parts. I can put this together in 5 seconds. What?


Look at that! So few parts... at least there is some see-thru parts.


Why is the blade curved? Can beam swords curve? I like my beam swords to be straight... grrr

So these are my latest gundams that will go back into its respective boxes which will go into storage. I might consider selling them for some outrageous price. I know there are some hard-core gundam fans outthere who will pay anything to get their hands on this Gundam Astray Red frame SD!!!! AUD100 anyone? lol


Buy me! We need a better owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment