Monday, May 3, 2010

Gym 22

Tonight I did my first ever 2km jog. I had the honour of running with everyone's favourite rival©, Mr.P. Yes, he is my eternal arch-rival, but we signed a memorandum of understanding that tonight is a test run to see if I will die running 2km and not competition. As I am writing this, it means I have passed. Barely.

Tonight I must say was a beautiful night to run at the running track. The rubber track feels good to run on. The Spirit of Maribyrnong race might be held here instead.

Running is a whole different level of endurance compared to Swimming. It was a good thing that I went running or I wouldn't have realised that it will take me longer to build up my stamina. So I might give up Swimming (better for my hair, chlorine is bad) and focus solely on running/jogging whatever you wanna call it to get my stamina up to scratch.

Mr.P's previously life must have been a horse. If I didn't collapse after the 2km mark, he would have gone on. From a competitive point of view, I am in deep trouble. There is the Italian stallion to consider as well, Mr.P reckons she is a good runner.

Anyways, despite the fact that I was wheezing and my legs felt like it had been stabbed a billion times, I enjoyed my run. So this coming Wednesday, I hope I am fully recovered to go running with Mr.P again. Stay tuned for more Spirit of Maribyrnong run updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment