Sunday, May 2, 2010

Gym 21

An excerpt from my upcoming book, "The King of Maribyrnong", which will be released on the 27th June 2010. This release coincides with the same date as the Spirit of Maribyrnong 4km run. This run is open to all interested parties, both inexperienced and experienced. Leave a comment for more details.

"I made it to 300 metres. I was going to stop but then I saw a figure about 5 metres in front of me, he looked like my arch-rival. I couldn't understand it. I was the only one in the pool that chilly Sunday morning, could it be lack of oxygen from exhaustion? I immediately gave 'chase' to that ghostly figure and swam a further 150 metres."

Recommended retail price of my new book is AUD 5.00 inc GST. Available at Boreders bookstores as well as Amazone.com.

Training Day 4, a new target of 450 metres. Very impressive but I was dead tired after that. 3 hours zzz in bed. Tomorrow must start leg work at the gym, I thought I could focus on building stamina but Mr.P managed to muscle the date forward by a whopping 4 months. This means more intense workouts and I must at least do a test 4km run to gauge the distance.

PS. Badminton courts availability on the 16th May 2010 is from an insane time of 9am to 11am. That was all that I could get. Shorter time means limited numbers. All interested leave comments. Thanks.

2 comments: