Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog 2.9 Foodview dump!

Play this song whilst reading... anything! This singer's soulful music is a 5 out of 5 stars.

So I am desperately trying to clear my backlog and reminding myself to stop taking photos of foods that I keep coming across. So lets get into it.

Minifoodview 01

This is an American product that one will never ever see on any shelves in any supermarket in Australia. This and my other American favourites such as Captain Crunch and Reese's pieces - that were readily available back in my hometown somewhere in South East Asia. Actually, I think I've seen Reese's pieces being sold here but at a really outrageous price. Moving forward.

Suzuki the resident keyboardist in my band, bought these back with her after touring the States with her own band, The Suzuki Swifts.

I cannot comment on the price as I did not purchase this product but I imagine this would be very expensive.
Taste : 5 out of 5 stars

This cookie is a must taste. Its unlike anything cookie I've ever eaten. Very very very yummy. Portions is not alot. I don't imagine I will be buying this product if it did ever come to Australia.

Minifoodview 02

Special K is a cereal that is market by Kelloggs that can or may help one to lose weight. *coughliescough* These bars are new products from the Special K brand, It was on sale at Woolies for AUD3.00. They look really nice on the box but its anything but.

Maybe its possible to lose weight with Special K, because you don't really eat anything. A 7-cm bar that's the world's shortest bar. Sigh

I've never been a fan of cornflakes as a bar. Look at the thin layer of chocolate.. you can tell th cornflake bar was pressed over a layer of chocalate. I suppose since its aimed for those wanting to lose weight, one shouldnt be eating too much chocolate.

Value : 0 out of 5 stars
Taste : 1 out of 5 stars
Taste is nothing spectacular. I have taste better bars than this. The tiny size of the bar is really what put me off.

Mini foodview 03
Homebrand Cup noodles from Woolworths.
If you want no-fuss, cheap and with no-asian writings of any country written on your cup noodles, head into Woolworths and buy Suimin - don't worry for the xx years that I've been eating Suimin, I've not eaten any metal bits.

Nat Chan and myself were in Woolworths the other day, and between us, we only had AUD0.80 (Nat Chan had 30cents and I had the fity cent). After much begging, Nat Chan loaned me his thirty cents, which allowed me to purchase the following...
Homebrand cup noodles! For only 80cents! Normally people would avoid eating the generic versions of everyday foods but that day I was penniless. Thank you Nat Chan!

Opening the beef flavoured noodles, you can see the noodles right at the bottom of the cup... that's a long way down


Dehydrated veggies - Only non-asian companies include corn with their noodles..... seems like Aussies like corn in their noodles.

This is super cute! The seasoning has pictures of cows! Like cute!

After a couple of minutes, this is the product. Saying my prayers and leaving my gundams to Nat Chan in my will, I took my first bite and had a sip of the soup.
The taste of the soup was neither beef nor anything I had ever tasted. I would definitely not call it beef. Must be a new kind of taste that has been mistakenly called beef. Maybe this new flavour should be called FEEB. I was really loss for words while eating the noodles. The noodles were actually pretty good and the soup wasnt too salty.

Value : 5 out of 5 stars
Taste : 2 out of 5 stars
I seriously still cant put a finger on the flavour of this cup noodles. Though its cheap, I wont eat this again, unless I become poor again like on that fateful day.

2 comments:

  1. oooh where did you go? have u eaten pepperidge farm cookies? that was my first time

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREECE OH MY GOSH.. was it like mamamia the movie?

    ReplyDelete