Monday, September 6, 2010

Foodview 2.6a New Laksa King, Flemington

You gotta love Bega cheese snacks! yummmmy Click on the ADVERT >>>> for more cheesy details! Click click click

Image is ripped from Gundam wikia
A new series from the Gundam universe, Gundam 00.

Image is ripped from Mr.gundam.
This is the new robot from that series, Qan[T]

Personally, I hate it. Its very boring. Bandai needs more creativity. Please don't whack a shield type thingy on the robot's shoulder and give it a cool name... that doesn't work with me.

Anyways, Mr.gundam reported on his super popular blog news site... that an super cute version of the Qan[T] will be coming out... Now that is something of interest. I was getting worried that Bandai wont ever release more cute SD versions of the gundam... well, the actually do but they make like samurai gundams which I hate very muchly. On to the foodview...

I have finally made one of many upcoming foodviews on the King of Flemington (dare I say King of all Victoria? Queen Victoria might object to that...), Laksa King located on Pin Oak Crescent on Flemington, Victoria.

A classic dish, Combination Crispy noodles. Basically this dish is thin egg noodles which are fried til very crispy, then a thick sauce is poured over it with meat of all sorts, usually seafood such as calamari, fishcakes as well as pork and vegies, bok choy and mushrooms.

Taste and more importantly quantity has been sacrificed as presentation seems to have taken priority at the new Laksa King. HULLLLO! I am an asian and I want value for my money!!!

Usually the prawns are de-veined. Not today though but there are no crap in it. LUCKY! :|

The sauce today was a bit salty for my liking.

The calamari or squid as usual, is too rubbery for me chew. My false teeth keeps falling out when I attempt to chew them.

While it taste and looks as the same as when Laksa King was at its old location, one big shocking change to this dish is the TINY amount of noodles. Its like the amount you get in 2-minute instant noodles. NOT HAPPY, Mr. Laksa King.

Overall comment : Sauce was a bit salty, the amount of noodles was not enough - there was more at the old location, for the price this dish calls for, I expected more. The amount of meat was standard... at their old location where one can peer into the kitchen, I saw the cook count the number of squid he allocates to a dish, 4. Knowing this, I wont complain about the meat, but cutting down on noodles is unacceptable. Tastewise - nothing spectacular.

Value : 2 out of 5
Taste : 3 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. i only like squid dipped in batter and fried! i dunno about cooking squid for a long time.. lol... i actually love cooknig shows. thats where i learn how to use a knife... maybe ekekekke

    ReplyDelete