Thursday, December 9, 2010

Foodview 3.2 Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant, Footscray

I like how this restaurant name is so generic. I think I'd name my chinese restaurant, "Hyper Prosperous Lucky Restaurant 888". Anyways, my search for Melbourne's best 'dry thin egg noodles' continues! Today's contestant is in Footscray.

Located on the infamous street where there are more clearways than cars.... Barkly street! or it is Hopkins street?

Anel Bum told me about this place... its a couple of shops away from Melbourne's greatest Vietnamese Pork Roll Bun, Nhu Lan. (Introduced by Mr.P and will review it one day)

mmmmmm Looks good the meats... great advertising tool.

Argh! Reflections!

Its quite small inside. The chopsticks were sticky as. BRING WET WIPES!

Nice decor. See that tiny poster with girls on it... It's the Miss Melbourne Chinese Pageant 2010!

That lady is not a customer but she's filling up jugs of tea concentrate.

Like OH MY GOSH AWESOME SOUP! This is the second restaurant in Melbourne (first is Pacific house in Richmond) that serves soup made with real veggies and meat! Not the plain soup that is made from MSG. So hearty and yummy. I would have paid for a big bowl.

I would definite add 1 star for nice hot chinese tea.

Nyam, nyam, Crispy skin pork. So tender, so juicy, not so fatty. AAA+++

Portions are great for AUD9


Cant speak much for the noodles. Dry and sticking together. Thank goodness for the soup. Not alot of sauce again!

Doing something different as of today, no more stars but

Value : Under $10! No complaints!
Final comments : The only thing that let me down was the noodles.I will definitely recommend and come back myself but I will bring my own wet wipes to clean the utensils. But will continue my search for the perfect thin egg noodles served by a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment