Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blog 0.7 Injury days are over

I visited my family doctor for a checkup on my injury. It has been 3 weeks since I strained it. Been laying off it and I tell you it felt like forever.

[Green word are spoken by me and red words are Dr. Phil's.]

Hi Dr. Phil, I am still suffering from severe depression.
Oh is it time already to checkup on own your injury?
Why you have to say it like that?
Like what?
Injury... You think I'm a wimp? Gym is my life!
Coughwimpcoughsneeze... excuse me, I have a cold.
Anyways, let's have a feel of your injury.

Dr. Phil pokes and prods my left tricep area/elbow joint and asks me if I feel any tenderness or pain. I didn't feel any.

Looks like everything is fine

Dr.Phil then whips out a 10kg dumbbell from under his desk.

Give me 10 reps.

I do 10 slow repetitions of standing bicep curls and I didnt feel any pain!

While doing my reps, "Say why are you wearing flip flops to work. That's like so unprofessional."

Why don't you start beating your arch rival? That's like so embarrassing. Yes, that's right, you told me about your blog. HA!

I keep quiet and concentrate on my reps.

Dr. Phil then swaps my 10kg for a 12.5kg dumbbell. I begin to wonder if I am at a clinic or Gold's gym. By the way, like why doesn't Gold's gym open in Melbourne?

No pain? Looks like your injury days are over!

Wooo...

Hold onto your hooo for a bit longer, you are only half way there because..

Dr.Phil quickly turns on his radio and a familiar song was playing...

its time for you to to rehab
I say no, no, no
Do you want the pain to come back huh, huh, huh?
I've waited for a long time and you just said I'm fine
And now you want me to go to rehab? I won't go, go, go!

-End of my visit to Dr.Phil-
Summary : Basically my strained is healed but I have to take it easy on the biceps and nothing over 10kg on the left hand. Might take another 2-3 weeks until I am fully recovered and back to pumping 60kg again. Ooooooh I can't wait. The passion is being reignited. I cannot wait to get back to normal. I've learnt my lesson to not be overzealous again, ever! Let's go rehab!

No comments:

Post a Comment