Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Foodview 0.9 Dian Xiao Er

Me: Great chinese scholar what does Dian Xiao Er mean in English?

Legend: Ummm, let me see. I think it means Electricity Small Hungry.

Me: Que?

Me: I mean thank you very much for your wisdom and parting with your knowledge.

So I discovered Legend isn't chinese and turned to person who is actually chinese.

Me: Hi what does Dian Xiao Er mean in English?

Candy: Waiter.

Now that makes more sense. So one of the restaurants I dined at in Singapore was Dian Xiao Er.

Before that, one of myhighlights of visiting Singapore is the HDB flats. Ever wonder how so many people can fit on one tiny island? Well, its because they don't have houses here and cramp in High Density Building flats. Ok this is not truth but truth be told that I thought HDB stood for High Density Building instead of Human and Development Board. So yes, I always read about HDB this and something happening in void decks in the newspapers so now that Im in Singapore I might as well visit one.

Ooooooh HDB flats. My life is now complete.

This area is call Woodlands. I am thankful that where I live at least has a backyard instead of hanging clothes on a stick.

Something I will never see anywhere else. I remember reading that public urinating also occurs from the top of the flats. As Akabane Kuroudo would say, "Bloody rain".

I still cant believe that this country is so clean...

but I found it! RUBBISH! But I must say that even the litter here looks so neat and organised.

Other sights around Singapore

Milo McFlurry at Maccas. I still have not forgiven myself for not trying this. Also Singapore has the coolest McHappy meal toys on this planet. Shame on you Australia.

This drink is legendary. A juice made from joy. as in the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires (from m-w.com)

More exotic drinks... and I havent got to the alcoholic ones yet.

What?! Egg tarts at KFC! Again, I should slash my wrists for not trying this.

I have no idea where this place is...

however, I think its near this famous shopping strip, Bugis Junction

To be honest, I won't do much shopping in Singapore even in this swanky complex, Iluma, because the almighty Australian dollar ain't so mighty in this land. Now in Malaysia, the Australian dollar rules over all! Strangers on the street will address me as Prime minister or Optimus and occasionally Mr. Rudd.

This building is my favourite. The whole building changes colour. I still cant figure out if its called Wilkie Edge or Milkie Edge.

Oh dear I've forgotten about Dian Xiao Er. Well my experience at this establishmet is pretty forgettable.

Lets get down to it. Nice decor and theme. Very crouching tigeristique. If I only brought my green destiny sword with me.


The service was great. The price was not. The food was meh.


The entrance to the restaurant. I thought my waiter was gonna be Mr. Wong Fei Hong

Nice big illustrated menu on the wall as one enters

Red latterns very Chinese New yearsy

I really like how this place is done up. Well done.

Barley drink with the barley bits. At least this was nice.


Mushroom and veggies.


Stuffed beancurds. This dish alone is enough for 1/4 of person or enough to fed a foetus. Talk about small portions. Big points on presentation.


The fried rice was not to my liking, though it was light and fluffy. A good sign of good fried rice.

This place should be an art exhibition rather than a restaurant.

Taste : 1 out of 5 stars
Value : 1 out of 5 stars
But presentation of food and decor of the place is top quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment