Sunday, March 21, 2010

Foodview 0.8 Rice bar, Carlton

Match day 2 and here's the current ranking after today's results
01. Jaystin Unicorn (Previously ranked no.4 on match day 1)
02. Mr. P (Previously no.3)
03. Donna Legend (Previously no.2)
04. Suzuki Swift (Previously no.5)
04. cK Tree (Previously no.5)
05. Anel Bum (Newcomer)
06. Nat Chan (Previously no.1)

Suzuki is displaying the fine art of posing (for the camera) while playing

And here's how to pose if your shot is being blocked by someone in front of you

Is she posing or passing the ball?

Yes, I am the new no.1 player now that Nat Chan has gone to Europe to focus on his football career, thereby, dropping his ranking to the bottom. Initially I thought I was going to remain no.3 but after easily defeating Donna and Mr.P, looks like I will have to defend my no.1 ranking against Nat Chan. Feels good to be on top.

Beating Mr.P after many receiving so many defeats from him is a breath of fresh air. The air in Loserville was muggy and foul. I want to thank Youtube for teaching me the skills to improvemy game. I still have a long way to go as I need to watch more videos on backhand returns and returning lobbed balls.

After the tournament, lunch was at Rice bar on the corner of Swanston street and Pelham street. There are a handful of restaurants named 'Rice bar' all around the city. I wonder if they're a franchise or if they are not being creative enough?

Nice atmosphere. Pricing was reasonable, food and drink for under ten bucks. I ordered Roasted Chicken rice and a nice big cup of watermelon juice.

"And this is how you slap someone from far away"

"And this is my middle finger, oops, my little finger"

the food was taking long to prepare so everyone was chillaxing

Look at how big the cups are! (I believe mine was made of 1/3 ice, 1/3 water, 1/3 actual watermelon juice concentrate. Oh yes there were sago balls at the bottom too!)

Donna must be feeling left out not being in most of these pictures.

Roasted chicken rice (with plain soup)

The meat was a generous amount. Not many bones. The meat wasn't fresh but it wasn't bad either.

Overall impression is good. Considering the price and quantity of meat.

Taste : 3 out of 5 stars
Value : 4 out of 5 stars

New toys just arrived and waiting to be reviewed
Gundam Unicorn SD (purchased from Hobby Search). After shopping from both Hobby Link Japan and Hobby Search, I think both gives good service, but If I recall properly, I think Hobby Search delivers your gundams much faster than Hobby Link Japan.
This box is big (lenthwise). Even bigger than my Gundam Exia SD (unfortunately both will be sitting in a corner)

The unicorn looks very much like its Master Grade counterpart. What this picture doesnt tell you is that its legs (which have to be painted) and crotch cover are always in 'psycho frame mode'. Very not happy with this.

What?!! Only three runners? Do I even need to assemble this kit? So disappointed. Bandai should have just made it SDX.

At least there are clear red parts for the psycho frame. Dont really like the gold sticker for the V-fins. Why not just make it gold plated? Stingy. Anyways I got this at 800yen (from 1000yen) excluding postage. You can see in this picture that the legs need to be painted for psycho frame mode.

Domo-kun (purchased from dealextreme.com)
This bugger is still available for USD13 including postage! Get it while its hot here. Dimensions: 12.6 in x 9.06 in x 4.17 in. Weight: 9.1 oz. Its a knockoff but its a big knockoff, even Mr.P wants one.

PS3 (on loan)
Yes I finally have a PS3 on loan from my buddy, Zeus. He is greek, and no, he does not carry thunder bolts nor lightning rods in his pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment