Sunday, March 7, 2010

Foodview 0.6 The Manhattan Fish Market, Kuala Lumpur

***********************************************************************************
Please visit my sponsor. By clicking on the link on the RIGHT side >>>

I use TELSTRA for my mobile. The sound quality is better on TELSTRA than any other network. So good to be with TELSTRA . Even my home phone is with TELSTRA. Click now and enter an easy competition to win you a cool phone! WOWZERS!

***********************************************************************************

I have returned from my journey of discovery and training on the mountains of Malaysia... or so I thought. I was supposed to discover the legendary badminton move the 'Tiger-smash' and the 'Dragon-drop shot'. But no... that didn't happened. I instead went to about 30 different restaurants on a culinary expedition. Yes, my boat trip got lost at sea and I ended up on the shores of Malaysia and ADIDAS*.
*ADIDAS - A Day I Digest And 'Sapu'

Sapu means to 'sweep' in the Malay language. Not sweeping as the floor, or kicking someone but to sweep all the food on the table directly into my mouth. Yum. Actually I don't know if people still use this term. It was good while it lasted (in my tummy) but...

Back to the real world. The 2010 MYCNM Australian Badminton Open (ABO) preliminary seeding rounds got on the way. And here are the top seeded players

01. Nat Chan (Current Australian FIFA 2010 world champion)
02. Mr.P (Yup that same Mr.P that we all know and love )
03. Jaystin Unicorn (That's me and yes thats mah real name yo)

By the way, I have ordered the Gundam Unicorn for under AUD20. It should be in my hands in 2-3 weeks. Sweet.

04. Donna Legend
05. cK Tree
06. Suzuki Swift
07. Crystallised Sugar

So thats the official ranking of the tournament.

Results of Day 29
N. Chan def D. Legend
7-5

Mr. P def J. Unicorn
7-6

Tune in same BATminton channel and the same BATminton time for more results. There was lots of doubles action but I cant remember any of the results.

Now my trip brought me to Malaysia where I spent most of my days 'training', spent a day in Singapore and 4 days in Bangkok. So where is this foodview? Just hold on.

On my first day in Malaysia, I went to Kuala Lumpur, Selangor at this shopping complex called the e@curve and ate at this fish and chip place called the Manhattan Fish Market. My last foodview was also a fish and chip place. If I have to compare this two restaurants in terms of badminton scoring it would be

Manhatten Fish Market def. Top Catch Fish & Chippery
15-0

I think this fish and chip place is the one! I've died and gone to heaven repeatedly with every bite. Yum! The fish was fresh, the batter was thinly coated and crispy. The chips could be better but I give this a high rating because its called FISH & chips and not CHIPS & fish for a reason, you know!?

The key to why this restaurant's fish and chips ROCK is their garlic butter sauce that they smother the fish in. Oh my gosh I am getting fish&chipgasm again just recalling it again.

Here are the photos

Left: Table top - Cant eat that. Right: Grilled Salmon and chips I ate this as well but the battered fish was better.
Left: Close up. Right: Even closer

Left: Here is the heaven-sending fish with chips. Right: Look at the fresh meat.

Free dips. Sweet chilli, garlic chopped in oil and tartar sauce
For drinks, I ordered some sort of mixture of 7-up and orange syrup. Very cocktaily.
Last but not least Calamari rings. So crunchy and not rubbery nor salty. NICE!

Obviously we all can't just leave our studies or work to travel to the world to improve our badminton. All I am suggesting is that IF you have to go on a journey and it happens to be at the curve, Kuala Lumpur, drop by this restaurant.

Taste : 5 out of 5 stars
Value : 5 out of 5 stars

MY first ever perfect rating for a foodview. So stay tune in same BATminton channel and the same BATminton time for more overseas foodviews!

2 comments:

  1. yes. real malaysians still use "sapu" in that way, well at least sometimes I do, in msia of coz.

    I cannot remember the taste of the fish n chips at that place. but god I wanna go back la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. i will sapu you in badminton next week. LOL

    ReplyDelete