Sunday, April 4, 2010

Review 0.9 Kimi ni Todoke (From me to you) Anime


I haven't been watching anime for the longest while. Very picky with anime considering my declining interest in the subject and the little time I can spend on watching anime or reading manga. So my rule of thumb if I do want to waste time then I must only watch exceptional quality anime. If It can contain and maintain my interest, it will get my nod of approval .

Honey and clover was a big disappointment. Great first episode but failed in the 2nd or 3rd episode. Fruits basket is my benchmark for all animes. Shed a tear or two, I did. So stumbled over this 2009 title, Kimi ni Todoke (From me to you). The lead character, Kuronuma Sawako is very similar to Honda Tohru of Fruits Baskets

I have watch 10 episodes out of 25 episodes and all the episodes are well written and never dulled. I must admit that even Fruits basket let me down here and there, but its still great! The plot is simple, a lonely high school girl gets helped by the popular guy and she slowly comes out of her shell and begins to fall in love with the guy.

Read and seen these stories so many times, but the author delivers this to the reader in a refreshing way. (I assume and expect that) Boy and girl will get together gradually but you know, I didn't mind waiting to know until the end because of how the story is approached and the characters are not the usual suspects that I have have become accustomed to.

The animation and drawings are great, very dynamic and no cutting corners, the company that produce this anime is one to watch for. The soundtrack including the opening theme song, of the same title performed by Tomofumi Tanizawa is a great choice. I like this style of music, very similar to Shikao Suga. I simply must compare the anime to the manga, but for now I give this anime

Story : 5 out of 5 stars
Animation : 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment