Monday, April 26, 2010

Foodview 1.1 La Porchetta, North Melbourne

I have a backlog of foodviews so I am frantically clearing them. This one is from 30th January, the day the current SFM Street Fighter Australian Champion, Chun Li, leaves Melbourne and returns back to China to continue her Street Fighter World tour.

The place where we held our farewell dinner for Chun Li was at North Melbourne's La Porchetta.

Nat Chan lighting the candle with his finger and Chun Li swearing at the photographer.

Chun Li and her crew.

Even Mr.P and the legendary Donna showed up.

Now on to the bad section. La Porchetta is famous throughout Melbourne. If you don't know what La Porchetta is, then, you are not a Melbournian. For me personally, I think the food is bland and overpriced. Therefore this foodview will not be a good one unfortunately.

The calamari was the only good thing that we ate that night. Though it was not as good compared to Top Catch.

The steak. Medium to well-done was requested. The meat was very chewy, if there was ever a beef flavoured chewing gum, this would be it.

The chips were ordinary. Very disapponting.

Cabonara. Tasteless. I couldn't taste any flavours at all.

Another disappointment. The plate is very nice though. Very big and heavy.

Pizza. Half and half. Aussie and BBQ Chicken.

Despite looking very yummy. My tastebuds went to sleep.

For an italian restaurant, I feel as if the cooks have lost their passion for food. I would dare to say that Pizza hut pizzas tastes better than theirs. How bad is that?! Definitely overrated and why the chain is popular is beyond me.

Value : 0 out of 5 stars
Taste : 0 out of 5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment