Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blog 2.5 Burger King What?

I had lunch with Mr. Nat Chan at Hungry Jack's today. We discussed about potential shoes that I could get to match my skinny jeans. As we waited for our Angry Angus burgers, I recalled that I visited a similar restaurant when I was in Indonesia.

Below is a transcript of my fictitious conversation with my possibly fictitious friend.

Jaystin Unicorn : Hey, Nat Chan did you know that in Bangkok, they not only pirate video games and movies but even restaurants!
Nat Chan : Is that a fact?
Jaystin Unicorn : Indeed, there was a restaurant called Paldo's or Mambo's or something. It was a complete knockoff of Nando's! They even had their own puri-puri sauce.
Nat Chan : How rude.
Jaystin Unicorn : Indeed, anyways they even do it in Indonesia!
Nat Chan : Blasphemy!
Jaystin Unicorn : I kid you not, They have fake Hungry Jack's overthere and they call it, Burger King!
Nat Chan : Sacrilegious!
Jaystin Unicorn : Indeed, do ya know what I mean?

And that ends my fictitious conversation... or is it? Alright, I was just kidding about Indonesians ripping off Burger King. However, for some strange reason, Burger King in Australia is called Hungry Jack's, why? I don't know and I don't care but its strange. Perhaps the Queen has taken offense and so the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard changed it, know what I mean?

On a serious note, I did order an Angry Angus burger when I visited a Burger King during my Indonesian trip.

Image is from Hungry Jack's.

So the picture above is what any Australian would expected to see and get if they ordered an Angry Angus burger at any Australian Hungry Jack's restaurant. So, you can imagine my reaction when I ordered an Indonesian Angry Angus...

Alright, first is a picture of a Burger King cup. I still was not used to the idea that Hungry Jack's is called Burger King.

The interior design in Indonesia is way better than in Australia. Also the restaurants here are way bigger too!

and here is the Angry Angus... what? Crisps in my angry angus? what?

I never thought I'd see crisps in burgers. I bet in China, they have noodles in their Angry Angus burgers... complete with a bowl of chicken soup.

2 comments:

  1. I still think Mc Donald's is Number 1.

    My favourite is their Chicken Nuggets but only the ones that are shaped like boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Milk Chii > Please do send the info and lots of photos!!!!!

    @Trangy > meh u shud try aldi's nuggets cheap and nasty.

    ReplyDelete