Sunday, August 29, 2010

Foodview 2.5 McCain Frozen meals, Woolworths

Yes, only on this food review site will you find a review on frozen tv dinners. Well, I did mention that this discerning review site is aimed at the budget conscious individual à la, E's so tight 'is arse squeaks.

Moving forward. Today's foodview is something close to my heart or stomach. Frozen tv dinners. I work on the 52th floor in Melbourne's tallest building and getting out to lunch is much a hassle. So I always turn to a reliable brand, McCain which I can buy at my local Woolworths store.

Before I get into the foodview, y'all must see this novelty toy

I bought mine but failed to convince my co-poftersworkers to buy one too. Anyways, this retails for USD 22.20 EXCLUDING postage BUT if you buy it at dealextreme, its cheaper and has FREE postage. Nice. There are also dog and other feline versions but this is the only version on dealextreme.

Chill out and listen to the groovy tunes of Nina Simone, whilst I write this foodview-slash-cute toy fetish.


Crickey, I forgot to take the picture of the package... Anyways its red and look like the above.

The meat was soggy in the middle and not a lot of meat in it.

Frozen peas. What more can I say?

Carrots are nice and mushy.

The potatoes were great. Yum!

Value : 2 out of 5 stars
Taste : 3 out of 5 stars

I dont think there are many brands available in Woolies. I think McCain own the entire Australian frozen tv dinner industry. It is rather expensive at AUD6.25 a meal and the portions are really small. Taste-wise is passable. I only recommend getting it when Woolies does its specials like 4 for AUD20 or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment