Monday, August 2, 2010

Foodview 2.3 Fungs Asian Food & Sushi Bar‎, North Melbourne

Today's foodview is sushi from Fung's Asian Food and Sushi Bar in North Melbourne on Errol Street. There are 3 sushi bars on this street alone. With the sushi it's selling, I highly doubt that it will provide any competition to the other two sushi bars.

I ordered a stand sushi, Crispy chicken roll.

A very big portion. As big as my hand.

The first thing I notice is that there is sauce on the chicken. Very unusual. I opted not to put any soy sauce.

Looking at the inside, I was instantly disappointed. The pieces look big because its filled with AIR and batter. Look at the chicken meat... lizards have more meat than this.


The 'meat' doesnt span the length of the 'enormous' sushi. I estimate the sushi's content is 80% rice and 10% batter and 10% chicken meat - and the meat was not fresh.

Taste : 1 out of 5
Value : 0 out of 5
Overall comments: I gave one point purely because this restaurant tried a different approach to crispy chicken sushi by putting a sweet chilli sauce of some sort. Very very disappointed. I will not return to this establishment ever again.

3 comments:

  1. are sushi costing alot than western food there? i usually liked to have supermarket sushis lol. cus the good quality sushis in malaysia are dam fricking expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm good sushis here cost about AUD2.50-3.00 each. How much is it in Malaysia. I scared to eat sushi or raw food or certain seafoods in Malaysia... diarrhoea.

    Besides why eat sushi when u have mamak, and other delicious food there. i love kl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. I can imagine it now, the title of the next bestseller, "Lessons from my sushi"
    ahhahahaha

    ReplyDelete