Thursday, December 3, 2009

Build 2.1 Gundam Striker Weapon System SD



Before I begin my second gundam review. I want to announce that I have achieved a 400-note streak on Guitar Hero: Decades on the DS. The song is Lenny Kravitz's 'Are you gonna go my way' on medium setting. Achieved on the 2nd December 2009. Perfect Hero. BUT I cracked the hinge after that so I gotta get a new case which is a good chance to make a nice tutorial for changing one's DS Lite shell. That will come up sometime in the future.



This kit is a knock-off. Its not a TT Hongli or GHD but some chinese brand. By the way, walterhobby.com has taken off all their TT Hongli gundam kits cos someone dobbed them in. I hate rats.

*EDIT : According to Delphine the translator, the chinese logo says "REAL BRAND". So there you go*





Pictures of the box on both sides. I would say look at all those weird chinese characters but then one can say look at all the japanese characters on the bandai kits. Oh yea I finally found the Bandai SD Gundam 00 Raiser kit BB 329! Cant wait to start that kit!









Coloured side of the manual.









Otherside of the manual is assembly.



I've read that stickers of knockoffs are very poor quality and fall right off after sticking them. Hopefully mine will stick well.

















Here are the runners of this kit. 7 runners is a lot for an SD kit. The RX-78-2 30th anniversary kit had only 3 kits by comparison. I have to say that some of the part were originally black but sprayed white and red. Also parts which are white are not so defined but hopefully some black line paneling can fix that.

This time I have bought some sandpaper number 1200 and number 1500, couldn't find number 2000 or 3000. Note: According to the guy at the hardware store, the bigger the number of sandpaper, the finer it is. To file down the nibs after separating them from the runners. Also got some fine paint brushes and gold paint as well. So onto to the next part.

No comments:

Post a Comment