Sunday, December 27, 2009

Foodview 01. Spicy Chilli Sauce (accompanied with fried chicken pieces)

(Please click images to appreciate in full view)
Here are some fried chicken. They look lonely. Perhaps a nice sauce would keep them company?

Today is something different. I will be reviewing my cooking. That's right, "if Yan can cook, so can me!" Martin Yan was one of the first cooking shows to appear on television (for me at least). I watched that show religiously. I learnt to how chop garlic from him. Yes I did.

So I will now incorporate 'foodview' - reviews about local restaurants, foods, recipes as well as my own cooking. Have I forgotten about gundams? Probably + Maybe = Promaybly. They do cost money unless my favourite gundam online store in the entire world walterhobby.com, sponsors me, I will take my time assembling my remaining gundams. I penned a famous quote before in blogs of yore, 'assembling gundams shouldnt be rushed but be enjoyed'. So let's start with my latest and very original catchphrase (work in progress), 'Let's eat this'.

Spicy Chilli Sauce Recipe
4 cloves of garlic (Finely chopped)
3 tablespoons of Tomato sauce
3 tablespoons of Chilli sauce
1/2 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
100mL of water
Optional : You may add red chillies (Finely chopped) to give more a spicy kick to this sauce.

01. In a bowl mix all ingredients EXCEPT the garlic and/or chillies.
(Lesson learnt : You can play around with the amounts of water and/or sauces but always add water gradually rather than too much)

02. In a hot wok with oil, fry garlic until fragrant and/or nice brown colour.
(Optional : You may add the red chillies after this point and stir fry until chillies become fragrant themselves)
(Lesson learnt : Garlic (and/or chillies?) burn and go black very easily. This happens in milliseconds! Never let this happen otherwise you will score ZERO for food presentation and tasting)

03. Stir a few more moments or until sauce slightly thickens and serve immediately by pouring over your meat of choice.

I pronounced you, "Man and Wife"

Chicken were presented in a 'Shoalin warrior fan-array' fashion. This is ideal when presenting very little amount of food.

Scoop rice into a small bowl then placed upside-down on plate prior to serving. Rice must be hot. Huge presentation points.

Next, I pan-fried breaded chicken pieces and poured the sauce over it. I cannot take spicy food hence I omitted the chillies but I could still detect tinges of spiciness from the Chilli sauce. However, I highly recommend that you add chillies to make this sauce work.

A very basic and simple sauce that can be done in minutes if one is pressed for time and are looking for something spicy and not overly sweet. As mentioned before, an advantage of this sauce is that the liquidity can be easily manipulated by adjusting the amounts of water and chilli/tomato sauces.

5 out of 5 stars for this sauce and highly recommend you try it. I reckon I did a very good job of this dish and I give myself 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment