Saturday, December 19, 2009

Build 2.4 Gundam Striker Weapon System SD (FINAL)

PHEW! I am finally glad this build is over. My feelings for this kit were like a roller coaster. When I opened the box, I was disappointed with the colours of the runners and the details were badly done.

'Nevermind', I told myself. 'It's going to be ok'. I went on a high when I had the brilliant idea to spray it black and detail it gold. Spraying is fun. Inhaling fumes is not. Then it was onto the gold painting and during this time, I thought this is what playing with gundams was all about. Sitting with a cool breeze through my hair and the sun shining on my face as I paint the panel lines. I was in the zone, and not just any zone, THE GUNDAM ZONE. lol.

Then, I find that the pegs wont snap into the holes. I stabbed myself (in the finger and bleed so much, 30mL, I measured) while shaving the pegs so that it fit. Not a single peg would fit in its hole, every peg had to be shaved. And even after shaving the pegs, there were still gaps between the parts. The only thing holding this robot together is hope.

The sad thing after all this is that I wont be able to play with this robot, one slightest move and its arms or legs will fall out. I am all for pirated stuff or knock-offs but this particular 'brand' of gundam kits is just terrible plus horrible. What's worse is I have two more of this kits. But looking at it in its Black and gold glory redeems its many many sins. So as I end this woeful tale, instead of pictures, I thought I give my hand at my very first youtube video.

2 comments: