Monday, December 14, 2009

Blog 0.1 Guitar hero fight night

In 1974, one of the greatest fights in history took place in Zaire, Africa between Ali and Foreman.


L to R : Jaystin 'the DS' Ali; P 'the PS3' Foreman; Donna King the promoter

In 2009, a history-making guitarest fight took place in Melbourne, Australia between Jaystin 'the DS' Ali vs P 'the PS3' Foreman.


Pre-match fighting poses

However, I lost 97% to 99%. Ok so here's the deal, so back on 27th September 2009, I challenged P to a guitar hero duel as I was killing the game on my DS. This was followed up regularly with taunts and trash-talking (just like Ali) and the icing on the cake on the 2nd December 2009 with a 100% achievement on 'Are you gonna go my way by Lenny Kravitz' on medium difficulty on the DS.


My score on the first try!

Ok let me break it on down the loss
1. P tricked us into thinking he had not been playing nor practicing the GH and even going the extra mile by planting an old newspaper dated 27th September 2009 and saying that 'this newspaper proves when he was last here at this place'.

2. Even though I cannot prove it, I believe that he had been practicing at least half an hour every 2 days ever since I challenged him.

3. Our rivalry doesnt just end at Guitar Hero, I have beaten him many many times on Pro Evolution Soccer as well. Nat the metroboy can substantiate my claim on this.

4. I have been only playing on the Nintendo DS whereas he practices on the Playstation 3 .All to his advantage and it is his home ground.

5. I must note that I achieved a score of 97% on my first try but couldnt better it due to severe eczema (very painful) on my fingers plus I was extreme fatigue from working 13 hours that day and I had skipped dinner = no energy delivered to my fingers.

6. I discovered that night that the length of all 4 buttons on my Guitar hero DS peripheral is just equal to the length of 3 buttons on the PS3 guitar. A huge difference - that is one of many reason why I kept missing the blue button.

Anyways seaking of rivalries, there was another match-up. THE DRUMS!

L to R : Suzuki 'the super fast rally driver' Swift; Thomas Joe the promoter (a look alike of P); and TT 'the legendary tram stopper' HongLi (a look alike of Donna King).
Suzuki beat TT on the drums 78% to something... I cant remember

**
EDIT: Forgot to add couple more pics

Suzuki's killing it on the drums


TT's smashing it
**

One last thing is I reckon that Drummers are always cooler than the guitarist cos smashing the drums wailing both hands in the air is a much more awesome spectacle than see someone flicking their wrist up and down on the guitar.

Thats it for now until round 2. (Cue in music for 'Eye of the Tiger')

3 comments:

  1. hmmmm, I thought P always won at Pro evo. hahahahhahaha.
    Man UTD > Liverpool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TT?!?!?!?! and wats with the donna king!

    okay...i admit that is WAY better than amy.

    btw... i hope ur "xsima" on ur finger is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun. Wish I wasn't sick. I really wanted to come. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll beat the PS3 man next time lol

    ReplyDelete