Sunday, July 18, 2010

Foodview 2.1 Ichiban Delicious Instant Bowl Noodles


Today I will be reviewing something that is close to my heart and stomach. Instant noodles. Speaking of which, I will be moving soon to my new address, which y'all can start bookmarking and favouriting at instantmee.blogspot.com. Sweet as.
Anyways CLICK ON MY SPONSOR! CHAMBORD is having its annual Shine awards! Are you the next designer Australia is looking for? Please enjoy the smoooth taste of Chambord responsibly.

Ichiban Delicious Instant Cup/Bowl Noodles is one of the premium instant noodles of the millions on the asian grocery market scene. Depending on where you shop, it starts from AUD3. Pretty steep.

There are many flavours to choose from obviously but today's pick is "Beef flavour". I might be wrong because I am purely guessing the content purely from looking the packaging, which by the way, is very well done. As you would have guessed by now, I am very happy when makers put effort into the packaging.

Tip: Rip the plastic cover then open the lid HALFWAY only, as per directions on the lid.

From left to right:

a) Meat and its sauce (that's right, vaccuum packed meat. I love the fact that meat is included but you might not so it's a hit and miss with this; I wish I could read chinese and look at the packet for the meat - 10cm!!!);

b) Hot chilli sauce - if you like it hot then put this in!;

c) Dehydrated vegies (mainly peas - all three of them); and last but not least,

d) The sauce for the noodles. - Looks like poo. SPicy even without the chilli sauce

e) Noodles - 9cm wide. Pretty big noodle cake. For $3, they better give a big noodle cake.


The bowl is deep, I recommend you follow the instructions and fill up the bowl with water.
Rip and pour or squeeze all sachets into the bowl. Now put a kettle on and boil some hot water.


Look at that... so pooey. Better not taste like it!

My goodness, it does look very unpleasant.

Very impressed with the meat portions.


Here it is after 5 minutes. (It did say 3 minutes but I nearly forgot about my noodles).

This is one of the meat pieces that I scooped up as it all sank to the bottom of the bowl.

Value : 4 out of 5 stars
Taste : 5 out of 5 stars

Overall comment
Well, this instant cup (bowl) noodles definitely makes my top ten cup noodles list (currently no.1), but for how many weeks can ICHIBAN DELICIOUS stay at the top? Honestly, I dont think any other brand can knock it off its top spot. For AUD3, its rather expensive but its worth it. I finished the soup, that's how good I thought it was.

Stay tune same badminton channel and badminton time for the next instant cup noodle review. I already got the next contender all lined up. Its gonna be a doosy.

1 comment:

  1. :D glad to see someone else who loves it! It's purely amazing, i but the one with a red lid (beef) IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete