Thursday, July 22, 2010

Foodview 2.1 Rose Garden, Melbourne

I've been wanting to do this foodview for a while now. So one cold winter day in Melbourne, a random asian person X were to say to another random asian acquintance Y,

Person X: Hmm, I'm feeling very peckish and I'd like to eat chicken ribs.

Without a doubt,

Person Y: "Rose garden, mate, Rose garden".

That's right. Rose garden is famous for its Spicy Chicken ribs. Without fail, on 435 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, nearer to the corner of Franklin street in the city, is Rose garden, where you will find tens of people queuing up to eat there. It is always full. Seriously.

There are tons of dishes available here but I will always order Spicy Chicken ribs. Let's see the pictures. Pictures are nice.

Presentation is simple and looks heavenly.

Crispy batter and meaty chicken. Bow before the almighty MSG!

Usually the first bite or two (especially the crispy bits) sends me into heavenly ecstasy. I serious feel like I've died and gone to Heaven and come back and gone again (with every bite).

I do not recommend you take away. The heaven-sending effect will have dissipated by then. I fully recommend you eat at their tiny restaurant.

Rice usually goes with chicken. duh. Oh chinese tea is free flowing and hot. I love chinese tea.

Another favourite dish of mine is Vermicelli noodles with salted fish and chicken.

I usually ask to have this dish cooked without onions. I hate onions. The big ones, especially in my Hungry Jacks.


I don't think many chinese restaurants offer this type of dish. I know Laksa king only offer vermecilli noodles with its curry laksa.

Overall
Taste : 5 out of 5 stars
Value : 5 out of 5 stars

This restaurant is simply amazing. Reasonably priced and good service too! Just waiting for a free table and lining up in the queue that kills me.

Now I previously did a foodview on Pacific house's version of chicken ribs. So in a head-to-head battle of the chicken ribs, what would be my verdict?. It's a tough one, but I have to say, Rose garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment