Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gym 23

Hi, my name is Jaystin and I am a gym-slack-oholic. The last time I went to the gym was on the 3rd of May 2010.

I can clearly see that I can't wear my tight T-shirts yet I didn't do anything about it. Thank goodness, its winter now so I can 'hide' my withered body in my authentic bear-fur lined jacket. Months of effort and dedication went down the toilet. My body hates me. I am sorry.

So today I am back in the gym. Restart my 2010 resolutions. I must persevere and fight the evils of laziness! Since its been xx days, today was a warm up.

Biceps
2.5kg dumbbells bicep curls
set 1 30 reps
set 2 30 reps

7kg dumbbells bicep curls
set 3 10 reps
set 4 10 reps

Chest
set 1 10kg dumbbells flat bench press 10 reps
set 2 12.5kg dumbbells flat bench press 10 reps
set 3 15kg dumbbells flat bench press 10 reps
set 4 17.5kg dumbbells flat bench press 10 reps
set 5 20kg dumbbells flat bench press 10 reps
set 6 22.5kg dumbbells flat bench press 10 reps
set 7 25kg dumbbells flat bench press 5 reps (FAIL to reach 10 reps)
set 8 25kg dumbbells flat bench press 5 reps (FAIL again at second attempt at 10 reps, SIGH)

Comments:
It always feels GOOD to be in the gym. No matter how long and how far I stray away from Gym, it always welcomes me back (provided my membership is still valid, lol). In a way, Gym is like Jesus. He forgives all my sins, just like gym's forgiven all my slackness.

Anyways with biceps had to stop because that nagging elbow injury from last year is still around. Better watch it and strengthen left elbow with triceps and biceps. SIGH.

Anyways very pleased with first day back in the gym after xx days. Today's plan of attack is to keep going until I tired out. Next gym session is on Friday. OH YEA!. I miss you so much, gymmy. Now must fight to stay in shape so that I can beat Mr.P at the next tight shirt competition.

By the way, Mr.P won the Spirit of Maribyrnong race by default as the Italian scallion and myself, wimped out. I think I will start jogging on the treadmills at the gym as well, I quit that race, but I have not given up.... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment