Thursday, January 7, 2010

Build 3.1 Gundam Aegis SD

Ok this is not really a build, as you have seen him previously in my other posts. I am actually doing a paint job on this guy but for the sake of organising my posts, I will call this a 'build'.

I've been so into this paint job that I forgot to blogarise it :P

First things was to decide on a colour.
I asked colleagues from work for suggestions, and finally decided on the primary colour, purple with white/silver as the secondary colour.

Then I fired up the good ol' MS Paint.
Grabbed a pic of Aegis from the 1999.co.jp website. I have not bought from this site yet, I have bought an action base 1 from Hobby Link Japan but I reckon the best place to get gundam is still Walter hobby.

Then I painstakingly colour its pink bits to purple and from black to white.

Looks good on the screen and I really like this colour scheme. Sold.

So then its on to Mind games to get my paint. This store is located along Swanston street, in the city. You will have to walk all the way to the back and up the steps to buy the paint and brushes. I found that this place is currently the cheapest place to get paint and brushes. I beg you to please not buy your kits and supplies from a certain shop in the city featuring a rude asian man. He tends to throw your change at your face.

This paint is actually a brand from 'the Games Workshop'.

I took apart my aegis and have been painting the parts purple over the week.

Most of the left side is the completed side and the most of the right side of this picture are the inside of the pieces will which when put together won't see the light of day. Just thought be nice to include 'before (pink) and after (purple)' shots.

I started painting the pieces silver only on the head but haven't completed it because I realise I have not been blogging about this paint job. So let's roll...

Here is the head in silver and purple.

And artistic shot no.2. Reminds me of the helmets that the characters in Lord of the rings wore.

After this build, I will commence Gundam Freedom SD.

No comments:

Post a Comment