Friday, January 15, 2010

Foodview 03a. Paldo instant noodles

Note : This review is broken into TWO parts because I managed to 'kill' my instant noodles. That's right I failed at cooking instant noodles. Sad but true.

The second part will be reviewing the taste of the noodles when I do eventually cook it right. So today I will review the contents and my failed attempt of cooking korean instant noodles called Paldo. That's right, I've never heard of this brand either because of all us have grown up on and only ever eaten one particular brand of instant noodles. Just ask any random person on the streets of Melbourne (try and go for the asian ones), and ask... actually don't even ask just say to them "Instant noodles". You will find that 9 out of 10 people will reply, "Indomie". Strange but true.

Years of eating Indomie have made my antibodies weak against its MSG content and therefore I no longer eat this legendary food. I believe that last time I cooked and ate an Indomie packet was in 1989. However, finding its replacement is not easy. There are hundreds of Instant noodles brand flooding aisles in most asian grocery stores and even in Safeway. Overwhelmed with choices? I recommend simply closing your eyes and run up and down the entire aisle whilst your hand is moving up and down and simply grab the first pack you touch. That is how Paldo came to be in my bowl. Cool but not true.


Very well presented. If I didnt close my eyes and just grabbed the first thing, I'd would have just bought this based on its packaging alone.

I believe somewhere on the back of the packet, it says "DO NOT OVERCOOK NOODLES"

This packet contains either tasteless dehydrated spring onions or green rings of death like you see on XBOXes.

This packet contains the sauce that brings it all together.

Oh yea nearly forgot about the noodles, yes without these buggers, that sauce cant bring anything together. These noodles look pretty ordinary but they are of better quality than Indomie.

So I overcooked it and even messed up poaching the egg. Looks like my sock with an orange ball in it.

The noodles was plain nasty. The presentation was zero. So here ends the review. I will return when I get a new pack and learnt to properly poached an egg like this guy here. I must aim to have the noodles to look like the packaging at the very least. Note to self : make soup more watery and noodles less transparent.

1 comment:

  1. there is not reason why you cannot eat noodles every day! except if its indomie!!

    ReplyDelete