Friday, January 22, 2010

Foodview 04. Midori Melon Liqueur Splice

Disclaimer : Do not read this blog entry if you are below the age of 21 years old. I am strongly against drinking & driving and I strongly admonish under-aged drinking.

If you are still reading this, then slap your hand twice and all I can do is to advise you to please click on this link on drinking driving as well as this link on under-aged drinking before you read any further.

Midori isn't one of my favourite, but I do enjoy drinking it. Pretty pointless to review Midori instead I will review its offspring Midori Melon Liqueur Splice.

Whenever I think of Midori, reminds me of a japanese comic that I've read before called 'Midori Days'. Wikipedia summarises it best - "the series is about a high school boy who one day finds his right hand replaced with a girl named Midori". Brilliant.

Full points for design

Strange... it says coconut rum on the front but its says white rum on the back label. Mislead consumers much?

I don't like coconuts to be honest. I never drank coconut water or ate the meaty flesh bit inside of it. I have eaten coconut rice before, its ok but there are better rices like pandan rice. Pandan (pronounced as 'pun done') is a mystical leaf that can be found only in the jungles of Malaysia and not Singapore.

I hate this drink. The coconut flavour in this premix is overpowering, I can't taste the Midori nor the pineapple that it claims to contain and as I mentioned before not even real coconuts were used. Actually its taste is more like coconut milk rather than coconut water. It's common knowledge that coconut water is tasteless. So what's the point of drinking coconut water anyways? Might as well just drink plain water.

Coconut milk is more commonly known as Santan (pronounced 'sun ton'). Yes, I know what you are thinking and in fact you are right, Santan is the official drink of satan. I hate Santan, its one foul liquid.

I didnt finish this drink and before I become anymore angrier and start trashing my gundams, I will end with my score of this drink. I do not recommend this drink to coconut haters, but for all others, I say give it a tropical try. :)

Taste : 1 out of 5 stars
Value : depending on your aversion to coconut milk

2 comments:

  1. pandan is NOT found in JUNGLE of msia. =,= I have a pandan "tree" in the garden back home. and you can find it in singapore. misleading....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think u are talking about panda leaves a.k.a bamboo leaves. im sure singapore have lots of pandas

    ReplyDelete