Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Review 0.6 Spontex Sensitive Rubber Gloves

I do an obscene amount of dish washing at home and I mean obscene. My dishes are so dirty that young children will require parental guidance to look at it. For the sake of the reader, I won't upload any pictures even though its really tempting.

So I deal with it by filling the sink with soapy water and bury the dishes under the water. However, doing this will only last about a week unless someone invents are 6-feet deep sink, that or a coffin-shaped sink and a big backyard plus shovel as well as a slave or volunteer to dig and bury my dirty dishes. I might need a plate sponsor to supply me with new dishes too. :|

Anyways, my skin hates soap. It hates it so much that it became breaks out into a song and dance (It would be interesting to have singing skin, but sadly, I get terrible rashes from soap). Until the same person who will invent that 6-feet deep sink, also invents soap-free dishwashing detergent, I have to rely on gloves.

So today's review is one that's very close to my heart, or in this case, my hands. And here I have Spontex brand latex gloves with cotton lining for sensitive people. 1 point for no more sweaty palms. What's cooler is that it comes with a free scouring sponge. Double points.

So on the back it says the usual stuff as with all latex gloves but there was this point "great tactile sensitiveness". Mmmm what the hell does that mean? Looking up Merriam-Webster.com,

Great meaning 'notably large in size'. Ah, it must be because I bought the Large size. I wonder if I had smaller hands and bought the small sized gloves would it say "Diminutive tactile sensitiveness"?

Tactile meaning 'perceptible by touch'. I perceived that there is cotton lining inside the gloves. Thanks for the reminder, Spontex.

Sensitiveness meaning 'concerned with highly classified government information or involving discretionary authority over important policy matters'. Hmmm cleverly divulging company takeovers?

First impressions
Great packaging and in three languages for all walks of life.
Simple design and the nice free sponge sticker on it really grabs consumers attentions (Guilty as charged).
There is a crude measure to determine your glove size (as with all good branded latex gloves). Nice snug fit.

Gloves feels very thin upon wearing them. This could be a good and bad thing. Good thing is hands wont sweat as much. Bad thing is might tear easily. Provides decent length to protect from soapy dish water.
Length is a full 30cm from edge to fingertip. Very good. Feels very cottony on the skin.

Test
I washed my dishes in extremely hot water. Caution: Washing dishes in hot water is not recommended. Use only as directed by a highly trained dish washing professional. Also washed a number of knives to test its durability.

Result
I like the feel of the gloves, not as thick compared to other brands yet quite durable when washing knives. Didn't feel the heat from the hot water as hand passed under the running water several times. (Note : I use less than 150 litres of water per day.). After washing so many dishes, the gloves easily come off the hand.

Conclusion
I highly recommend Spontex Sensitive rubber gloves. 5 out of 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Kang, can you let me know where you bought this SPONTEX gloves ?

    ReplyDelete